Re (3): Basic resource lifecycle: a proposal for "mutable versions"

From: <Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:01:01 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Cc: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de
> Yes, I was thinking "immutable", but sometimes wrote "ismutable".
> Sorry about that!  (Don't you hate it when people post things without
> proofreading them? :-)
Yes I hate it terribly. Sometimes I also have to hate myself :-)

>    I don't understand. I don't want to make a "human meaningful name"
>    immutable. I just want to make a version immutable.  I didn't want
>    to say anything about the topic of meaningful names.  That's
>    another matter.
> But the people that have been lobbying for mutable versions and "reuse
> of version URL's" (Mark and Lisa) want them to have human meaningful
> names.  So a solution needs to deal with both issues.
I agree. I even thought about adding some ideas on this additional problem
to my proposal but it was too late in the evening and I thought it could stand
alone. It seems I was wrong.
So stay tuned. Probably tomorrow evening (It's too late now again) I will write
an expanded proposal. At least in case that my rough ideas work out.
Thanks for your explanations. I think that I now understand what you see
as problems.

Cheers, Edgar

P.S. So you see that I don't accept variant-control yet :-)

--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                    http://www.edgarschwarz.de
*          DOSenfreie Zone.        Running Native Oberon.         *