some comments from Chris Kaler on the versioning draft

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:49:22 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

I talked with Chris on the phone today, and he asked for a
change and a clarification

- change the MUST to a SHOULD for the "version URL can never be re-used".

Chris is concerned that various reasonable ways of getting version URL
uniqueness have a chance of collision if a given host name is mapped
to a new server.

In general, I try to avoid SHOULD in favor of MUST whenever possible.
Since there has been a lot of debate on this issue, I suppose I can
live with SHOULD here.

- clarify what resources need to return "version-control" on an
OPTIONS request.  In particular, he'd be happy if we said "any
resource that supports any of the versioning properties, reports,
or methods".

That is fine with me.