RE: Last Call for DAV:checked-out-vcr Proposal

From: John Hall <johnhall@evergo.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:59:31 -0700
To: "'Tim Ellison'" <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>, "'DeltaV \(E-mail\)'" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
In-place-checkout introduces the unwanted behavior of allowing other
clients to see a work in progress.

In my system I have no problem tracking moves, but it isn't my
objective.  My objective is having a CHECKIN of the working resource
update the VCR.  That isn't a 'gee it would be nice to have' request.
It is far more important to me than that.  Lack of such a feature would
be quite painful.