RE: Deleting versions

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:01:33 -0700
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com>, "DeltaV" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
It's not "vanishingly small" if you lose your network connection between the
MKWORKSPACE and the LOCK request.  Or if the LOCK request is lost.  Or if
the latency is ~2 seconds each way.

If somebody who's not supposed to, gets in and changes something inbetween a
MKWORKSPACE command and a ACL request, that's a serious problem.  Null
resources help avoid that.

It's not that somebody got their MKWORKSPACE request in ahead of
mine --that's not the purpose of null resources at all.

lisa