review of baseline section

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:13:01 -0800
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Some nits that I noticed while reading thru the baseline section:

*) S9.7 is whacked. It talks about activities.

*) S9.11 preconditions talk about removing VCRs, but not adding them.

*) S9.6 marshalling refers to the DAV:version-controlled-resource report and
   the DAV:version-controlled-resource element.

*) S9.1.2 why is the version-set replicated here, rather than sitting back
   on the actual baseline? We don't replicate stuff to VCRs, so I see no
   rationale to do it for baseline selectors.

*) Is there a way to rationale VCR vs Baseline Selector? We dumped
   "selector" for the former, so why not the latter?

*) Are subbaselines really required?
   a) assuming so, then the first sentence, last word, of S9.1.3 and S9.2.2
      should be pluralized.

*) S9.6: add a comment that this report is usually used in conjunction with
   the Depth: header

   Oh, wait. Version histories aren't necessarily a tree that allows a
   Depth: header. Further, we don't have the property-report's feature of
   "linking through" to go from VCRs to versions to histories (where we can
   then find the right version-in-the-baseline info).

   Let me amend: I think this report doesn't work :-). You'd have to crawl
   the whole repository.

Cheers,
-g

--