"latest" resource (was: Re: PROPFIND instead of REPORT)

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:30:52 -0800
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 11:14:57AM +0000, Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com wrote:
> Depending upon how popular 'latest' proves to be, that can be provided by a
> different mechanism.

Something that I was just thinking of...

Is there a way to tell a VCR to "float" with the latest version
automatically? I've got a strange feeling that if you CHECKOUT a version
resource, modify it, then do a CHECKIN, that the VCR that pointed at the
original version resource doesn't get auto-updated to point at the latest

Is there a way to do this automatically? If not, then what is involved with
keeping VCRs pointing at the latest? Do I need to issue a bazillion
SET-TARGET requests?

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/