Re: Simplifying CHECKOUT behavior for core versioning clients

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 04:34:45 -0800
To: "Geoffrey M. Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Cc: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:26:46AM -0500, Geoffrey M. Clemm wrote:

> The current protocol assumes that there are two kinds of clients:
> - clients that have no local persistent state
> - clients that have local persistent state

ah... important clarification. Now I understand where you are going with
this stuff.

Okay... I hereby retract most of my objections in this topic area :-)

But: I still would like to have a way to somehow tell a client "I don't
support public checkouts." In other words, the only model supported is the
"client workspace" -- I need the client to remember the Location returned
from a CHECKOUT.

[ concretely: I'd support working resources, but not checked-out version
  selectors ]

Cheers,
-g

--