Re: Deletion semantics for versioning metadata

From: <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:30:16 +0000
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

Is that 'should' a SHOULD or a MUST?

There are likely servers that cannot achieve an 'atomic delete with
multiple resource property updates'.

Tim

"Geoffrey M. Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com> on 2000-11-19 06:08:03 PM

Please respond to "Geoffrey M. Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>

To:   ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
cc:
Subject:  Deletion semantics for versioning metadata

Greg has asked that we clarify the results of deleting things
like working resources, versions, version histories, etc.

I believe it is sufficient for us to say that if a server allows you
to delete such a resource, that all the versioning properties of other
resources that refer to that resource should be updated to no longer
refer to the deleted resource (I'd probably enumerate those properties
to make sure there is no misunderstanding).

Any objections?