YOUR KIND CO-OPERATION

From: VINCENT ONYE <vinco@go.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:46:51 +0000
To: ietf-charsets@w3.org

From the Desk of: VINCENT ONYE
ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT,
CITIBANK PLC,
MARINA- BRANCH, LAGOS.
EMAIL;  vino@amuro.net    or
        vincent_onye@yahoo.co.uk

TO: THE PRESIDENT/MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO

DEAR SIR,

TRANSFER OF THE SUM OF US$15.M DOLLARS INTO YOUR ACCOUNT

FIRST,I MUST SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION, THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF IT'S NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND TOP SECRET. THOUGH I KNOW THAT A TRANSACTION OF THIS MAGNITUDE WILL MAKE ANY ONE APPREHENSIVE AND WORRIED.BUT IAM ASSURING YOU THAT ALL WILL BE WELL AT THE END OF THE DAY.WE

HAVE DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU THROUGH THIS MEDIUM DUE TO THE URGENCY OF THIS TRANSACTION AS WE HAVE BEEN RELIABLY INFORMED OF YOUR DISCRETENESS AND ABILITY.

LET ME START BY INTRODUCING MYSELF TO YOU. I AM MR. IDIKA KALU,AN ACCOUNTANT WITH THE UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC,MARINA BRANCH OFFICE LAGOS.I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT YOU IN MY PRIVATE SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE AND REPUTABLE PERSON TO HANDLE THIS CONFIDENTIAL TRANSACTION AS WE ARE STILL IN ACTIVE SERVICE.

THE PROPOSITION:

A HUGE SUM OF MONEY HAS BEEN IN THE SUSPENSE ACCOUNT OF THIS BANK FOR THREE YEARS NOW WITHOUT ANY CLAIM, NOW FROM OUR INVESTIGATION, AN AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL, WHO IS LATE, ENGINEER BUTCH R.MIGUEL, AN OIL MERCHANT/CONTRACTOR WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, UNTIL HIS DEATH THREE YEARS AGO IN A GHASTLY AIR CRASH IN AN EGYPT AIR, FLIGHT 990 WHICH OCCURED ON 2ND NOVEMBER 1999,BANKED WITH US HERE AT UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC. MARINA BRANCH LAGOS, AND HAD A CLOSING BALANCE OF US$15 Million (FIFTEEN MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS) IN A FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT, WHICH THE BANK UNQUESTIONABLY EXPECTED TO BE CLAIMED BY ANY AVAILABLE FOREIGN NEXT-OF-KIN TO THE LATE BENEFICIARY OR ALTERNATIVELY BE DONATED TO A DISCREDITED TRUST FUND FOR THE PURCHASE OF ARMS AND AMMUNITIONS AT THE MILITARY WAR COLLEGE IN KADUNA STATE HERE IN NORTHERN NIGERIA.

SEQUEL TO THIS, FERVENT VALUABLE EFFORTS WERE MADE BY BANK MANAGEMENT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ANY OF THE MIGUEL'S FAMILY OR RELATIVES BUT ALL PROVED TO NO

AVAIL. IT IS BECAUSE OF THE PERCEIVED POSIBILITY OF NOT BEING ABLE TO LOCATE ANY OF THE LATE ENGR.BUTCH R. MIGUEL'S NEXT-OF-KIN (HE HAD NO KNOWN WIFE AND

CHILDREN) THAT THE MANAGEMENT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF OUR HONOURABLE CHAIRMAN AND MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, MAJOR-GENERAL KALU U.KALU (Rtd), MY ELDER BROTHER, WHO SUGGESTED THAT AN ARRANGEMENT BE MADE FOR THE FUND TO BE DECLARED "UN-CLAIMABLE" AND SUBSEQUENTLY ALERT THE CENTRAL BANK TRUST FUND, BUT THE BANK DIRECTOR AND I AGREED TOGETHER ON WHAT TO DO, WHICH IS SEALED BETWEEN US, THREE OF MY TRUSTED COLLEAGUES IN THE AUDIT AND ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT AND I, NOW SEEK YOUR PERMISSION TO HAVE YOU STAND AS THE NEXT-OF-KIN TO LATE ENGR. BUTCH R.MIGUEL, SO THAT THE FUND (US$15M) WOULD BE RELEASED AND PAID INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AS THE BENEFICIARY'S NEXT-OF KIN.  ALL DOCUMENTS AND PROVES TO ENABLE YOU RECIEVE THIS FUND WILL BE CAREFULLY WORKED OUT AND MORESO AS PROFESSIONAL BANKERS, WE ARE ASSURING YOU OF 100% RISK-FREE INVOLVEMENT.

YOUR SHARE STAYS WHILE THE REST WILL BE FOR MYSELF AND MY COLLEAGUES FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSES IN YOUR COUNTRY.

NOTE THAT THIS TRANSACTION WILL STRICTLY BE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS I HAVE STATED BELOW, AS WE HAVE HEARD CONFIRMED CASES OF

BUSINESS ASSOCIATES RUNNING AWAY WITH FUNDS KEPT IN THEIR CUSTODY WHEN IT IS FINALLY REMITTED INTO THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS.  A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE IS THE ONE OF MR. PETER HOPWOOD,THE PRESIDENT OF MILEAGE TRADING AND

INVESTMENT COMPANY AT NUMBER 121, WEST 55TH STREET,21st FLOOR,NEW YORK 10022, AND THE FORMER CHAIRMAN OF OMPADEC (MR PATRICK OPIA) WHOM WE WERE RELIABLY INFORMED THAT AFTER THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN BOTH PARTNERS IN WHICH HE WAS TO TAKE 15% OF THE MONEY WHILE THE REMAINING 85% FOR THE NIGERIAN OFFICIALS.

WITH ALL THE REMAINING DOCUMENTS SIGNED,THE MONEY WAS DULY TRANSFERED INTO MR HOPWOOD'S ACCOUNT, ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED ON THEIR ARRIVAL IN NEW YORK AND WERE INFORMED THAT MR PETER HOPWOOD WAS NO LONGER ON THAT ADDRESS, WHILE HIS TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS HAD BEEN RE-ALLOCATED TO SOME BODY ELSE.

THIS WAS HOW THEY LOST US$18.5M TO MR HOPWOOD.  THIS IS A VERY RECENT STORY HERE IN MY COUNTRY AND EVERYBODY IS AWARE OF THIS.  SOME OF THE OFFICIALS DECIDED TO CRY OUT AND FACE THE LAW, BECAUSE THEY FELT THEY HAD LOST SO MUCH TO A STRANGER, WHILE THE CHAIRMAN OF OMPADEC (MR PATRICK OPIA) IS NOW HIDDING

IN A FORIEGN COUNTRY.  SO RIGHT NOW, I AM TAKING ALL PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES TO GUARD AGAINST RE-OCCURENCE OF SUCH ACT IN OUR OWN CASE. THIS IS WHY WE HAVE DECIDED THAT THIS TRANSACTION WILL BE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:-

(a) OUR CONVICTION OF YOUR TRANSPARENCY, HONESTY AND DILIGENCE.

(b) THAT YOU WILL TREAT THIS TRANSACTION WITH UTMOST SECRECY AND CONFIDENTIALITY.

c)  YOU MUST BE READY TO PRODUCE US WITH ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF TO PUT OUR MINDS AT        REST.

(d) THAT UPON RECEIPT OF THE FUND,YOU WILL PROMPTLY RELEASE OUR SHARE ON DEMAND AFTER YOU HAVE        DEDUCTED YOUR 20%.

YOUR URGENCY WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED AS WE ARE ALREDY BEHIND SCHEDULE FOR THIS FINANCIAL QUARTER.

IF THIS PROPOSAL IS ALRIGHT BY YOU, THEN KINDLY GET BACK TO ME IMMEDIATELY ON EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE.

THANK YOU IN ANTICIPATON OF YOUR CO-OPERATION.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

VINCENT ONYE,
CITIBANK PLC.,
MARINA BRANCH LAGOS.