Hello

From: James Devante <jdevante@indiatimes.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 02:06:20 -0800
To: ietf-charsets@w3.org

Mr James Devante.
E-mail:jamesdevante@accountant.com
No 16 Kingsway Rd,
Ikoyi,Lagos.
Fax: 234 1 7590807

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE - STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Mr James Devante an Accountant in the Nigerian National Petroleum
Corporation (NNPC) and I head a seven-man tenders committee in charge of
Foreign/Expatriate Contract Awards Review and Payment Approvals (CRPAC).
I came to know of your name and address in my search for a reliable and
low-key person to handle a very confidential transaction based on
unflinching trust as we have not met before. This transaction involves
the transfer of huge sum of foreign exchange (the United States Dollars)
to a foreign account. There were a series of contracts executed by a
Consortium
of Multinationals in the oil industry in favour of NNPC among which are:

(1) The expansion and rehabilitation of the ageing pipeline network
within Nigeria for crude oil and downstream products distribution and
evacuation - US$9 Billion;
(2) Contracts for the Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of the four
epileptic refineries in the country;
(3) The construction of more storage tanks and
maintenance and servicing of old ones for Petroleum Products Storage
(Depots) - US$90 Million;
(4) The construction of Escravos Gas Poduction
Offshore facility.
The original value of these contracts was deliberately over-invoiced in
the sum of USD Twenty Eight Million, Two Hundred
Thousand($28,200,000.00) by this committee (CRPAC) during the awards of
the various contract. This sum ($28,200,000.00) has now been approved
for payment by this committee (CRPAC)and is now ready to be transfered
by the Central Bank of Nigeria to the account of any individual and or
company which the CRPAC presents as the beneficiary, since the company
that actually executed these contracts has been fully paid their fund
and the projects have been
officialy commissioned. Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to
transfe r the total amount to your account for subsequent disbursement
on our behalf, since we as civil servants and we are also serving in a
sensitive foreign payment approval committee (CRPAC) are prohibited by
the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening or
operating foreign account and or dealing in foreign exchange in our
names. Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is
enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 25% of the transferred
sum, while 10% shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and
external) accrued between the parties in the course of the transaction.
You must however note that this transaction is subject to the following
terms and conditions:
a) Our conviction of your transparent honesty and diligence;
b) That you would treat this transaction with utmost secrecy and
confidentiality;
c) That you have an unflincing trust in us, and our ability to complete
all official processes with your co-operation;
(d) That the funds would be transfered to an ordinary account which you
have total control over.
Modalities have been worked out at the highest levels of the relevant
government departments involved and the Central Bank of Nigeria for the
immediate transfer of funds within 14 working days subject to your
satisfaction of the above stated terms. Our assurance is that your role
is risk-free. To accord this transaction the legality it
deserves and for mutual security of the fund, the whole
approvalprocedures will be officially and legally processed with your
name or
the name of any company you may nominate as the bonafide beneficiary, as
in an ideal situation.It is imperative that you bear in mind that having
put in 19 years in the service of the government, I am averse to having
my image and career dented. This matter should therefore be treated with
utmost secrecy and urgency.
Kindly expedite action by contacting me on my e-mail address, indicating
your interest in this transaction. For swift response to your
reply,kindly indicate your fax and telephone numbers clearly so that I
can explain further, especially by fax. I am urgently waiting your reply
as payment to foreign contractors is usually made on quarterly basis.
Yours faithfully,
Mr James Devante.