Does the Charset Registry still function?

From: Mark Davis <mark.davis@jtcsv.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:59:29 -0700
To: ietf-charsets@iana.org

I sent in a question on April 22 to the registrar, and as yet see no
answer.

IBM is in the position of needing to register perhaps hundreds of
charsets, and we need better information before we start; otherwise we
could end up with either redundant registrations or missing charsets.

BTW, the only mail archive I could find was on
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-charsets/2003AprJun/subject.html,
but that archive is full of spam. Is there a better source?

Mark