Re: ISO 8859-11 Latin/Thai + Euro

From: Michael Sokolov <msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 00:03:07 -0700 (PDT)
To: ietf-charsets@iana.org

Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org> wrote:

> Very easy: Nobody (yet) cared to register it.

Umm, I think the problem is more serious: there is no way to register new
charsets. I base the preceding hypothesis on the observation that my attempt to
register KOI7-switched per RFC 2978 resulted in complete silence on this list.
Not knowing who is responsible for noticing and acting on charset registration
requests there is no one to nudge. (A nudge to the list was attempted but also,
predictably, resulted in complete silence.)

MS