Registration of new character set

From: Martin von Loewis <loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:29:14 +0200 (MEST)
To: ietf-charsets@iana.org
RFC 2060 defines a new character set encoding, as a modification of
UTF-7. However, it does not give a name to this encoding, which means
that different vendor libraries will use different names for it,
causing confusion (or worse, they may call it UTF-7, even though it is
not).

Therefore, I request that a name for the encoding in RFC 2060 is
registered. I propose the following entry in the registry:

Name: RFC_2060-mailbox
MIBenum: <assigned by IANA>
Source: RFC-2060
Alias: csRFC2060mailbox

Please let me know if you need further information.

Regards,
Martin