Re: Fwd: Registration of 6 charsets

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman@imc.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 11:33:45 -0700
To: ietf-charsets@innosoft.com
Um, could we drop the "my organization is more open than yours" garbage?
This is a close analog of the juvenile "my operating system is better than
yours" trash that plagues many mailing lists.

Re-reading the messages on this list, I see none that say that *any* group,
close or open, should control whether a charset gets registered. Keld made
a mistake in his interpretation of a message, and the argument went
downhill from there. Please note that the charset reviewer has already
rejected the application on other grounds, so this discussion is both a
waste of time and insulting.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium