Re: Deprecating charset "unicode-1-1"

From: Deborah Goldsmith <goldsmith@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:43:01 -0700
Cc: Rick McGowan <rmcgowan@apple.com>
> You have to identify what RFCs reference this version which is to be
> deprecated, and ideally update those RFCs by writing one new RFC
> which updates all of these, identifying what they should do.

Based on my search of the RFC database, the following RFCs refer to
"unicode-1-1":

RFC 1945: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.0

It's one of the listed character sets for HTTP headers.

RFC 2068: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1

Ditto.

RFC 1700: ASSIGNED NUMBERS

The charset database.

RFC 1641: Using Unicode with MIME

The original registration.

None of these seem like they would cause a problem by being obsoleted.

--
Deborah Goldsmith
Manager, International Toolbox Group