Re: registration of a new charset: iso-8859-15

A 07:07 98-03-25 +0900, Martin J. Duerst a écrit :
>As for technical comments, I guess they would have looked quite similar
>to what Erik wrote, if I had sent something yesterday, but I think he
>did a better job than I could have done. The only correction I have is
>that according to my knowledge, the registration authority has changed
>from ECMA to somewhere in Japan. But I might be wrong, or that might
>not yet have happened.
>
>Regards,   Martin.

[Alain] :
You are right. That happened as of 1997-01-01. ECMA held the SC2
secretariat until 1996-12-31 and also detained the ISO character set
registry. It gave it up and Switzerland also gave its P-membership status
in ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2 up by the same occasion.

The new SC2 secretariat is held by ITSJ in Japan, and it has also become
the registration authority.

FYI, the registry is going to be fully on the web in the next months,
they're not going to send the registry on paper anymore. They have now
scanned all the registry and put it in PDF format. We were informed of this
yesterday. That's a good news for everybody, I believe.

Alain LaBonté
Bellevue, Washington
(for the SC2 Plenary held in Redmond and ending on Wednesday 198-03-24)