Re: Suggested character set policy for the IETF

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Ned Freed wrote:

> > This seems to affect all the postings on the IETF charsets
> > list. If something else is the problem, please tell us what
> > to do to get it fixed.
>
> > Can somebody at Innosoft look into the problem?
>
> The problem has already been found and fixed. If it hadn't been why do you
> think the postings came through?

Why would you assume that I could conclude the problem to be fixed
just because some messages arrived?

The "charset" list had in the past regularly had a timelag when compared
to the "languages" list. When that timelag was one day or so, I didn't
think it worth saying anything. Now that it went up to 20 days, that
definitely looked like too much.

Once you know the reason of the problem, it may be clear to you that
without fixing, no posting would have come trough. But there are
all kinds of other problems that can happen, and for those problems,
the fact that some old messages finally make it doesn't necessarily
imply that the problem is fixed.

Regards,	Martin.

--Boundary (ID uEbHHWxWEwCKT9wM3evJ5w)