From: Jacob Renhald <jacobrenhald@outlook.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:09 PM
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Subject: UTF8 /ASCII- us error when running Tiny URL in Linux

Been trying to tidy up the html strings on one of my websites, running the code through linux. For some reason I can't seem to make it work.

I've run:
sudo apt-get install tidy

To "tidy" it up I go:

curl localhost address | tidy -iq (please note I have all articles stored as a xhtml file).

From my understanding the -q is for quiet input while the "i" is for indents and it fixes the main issue.

I'm trying to tidy up all the htmls on this subpage: https://www.kredittkortinfo.no/artikler/, which is a big mess.

Problem I'm running into is that the UTF8 gets translated into the ascii-USA version and I can no longer read the text file....I must be doing something wrong.

Have anyone of you experiences this before?

This e-mail and any attachment contains information which is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorized to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.

El presente documento electr?nico y cualquier anexo al mismo, contiene informaci?n confidencial y exclusiva para el destinatario. Si usted no es el destinatario, no est? autorizado a leer este documento, a copiarlo o usar el presente y sus anexos o bien si usted ha recibido este documento electr?nico por error, favor de notificar al remitente por este mismo conducto y proceda a eliminar de cualquier archivo este documento electr?nico.