UTF8 /ASCII- us error when running Tiny URL in Linux

From: Jacob Renhald <jacobrenhald@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 23:09:25 +0000
To: "html-tidy@w3.org" <html-tidy@w3.org>
Been trying to tidy up the html strings on one of my websites, running the code through linux. For some reason I can't seem to make it work.

I've run:
sudo apt-get install tidy

To "tidy" it up I go:

curl localhost address | tidy -iq (please note I have all articles stored as a xhtml file).

From my understanding the -q is for quiet input while the "i" is for indents and it fixes the main issue.

I'm trying to tidy up all the htmls on this subpage: https://www.kredittkortinfo.no/artikler/, which is a big mess.

Problem I'm running into is that the UTF8 gets translated into the ascii-USA version and I can no longer read the text file....I must be doing something wrong.

Have anyone of you experiences this before?