Re: tidy indent+wrap breaks <pre> formatting

On 17/03/18 14:48, Lee wrote:
> On 3/17/18, Geoff McLane <ubuntu@geoffair.info> wrote:
>> Hi Lee,
>>
>> Have added https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/issues/697 on your
>> behalf... thanks...
> thank you
>
> Regards,
> Lee

Have pushed this small patch to an |issue-697| branch for consideration
and discussion...

This patch has several other consequences!

Yes, it does *avoid* adding any indent to the first text line of the
|<pre>|, which is good...

But it also *removes* the indent from the previously indented |<pre>|
tag, *and* |<textarea>| tags. Now this *may* be acceptable, *but* it
does mean adjusting about 10 of our regression
<https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5-tests> tests expects output. Again
this *may* be acceptable...

And it does *not* remove a newline added after the |<pre>| if the line
length is greater than the current wrap value, as discussed in #158
<https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/issues/158>...

So at best this is a partial *fix*, with other consequences... so as
mentioned maybe there is a better way to address this, and its
consequences...

Look forward to further feedback... thanks...

I certainly hope you become a github member so you can receive these
notifications automatically... github only send you items you have
selected, unlike some other sites I know...

Regards, Geoff.