Re: Proposal to setup Chocolatey packaging

From: Geoff McLane <ubuntu@geoffair.info>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:36:52 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: scherer_stefan@icloud.com, edward.vielmetti@gmail.com
**Hosting of meta data**

@vielmetti, I have already made some suggestions, on this. This is about
more than just chocolatey. It is for things like a Dockerfile, Homebrew,
download-and-compile scripts, others...

The suggestions:

  - **static** data, at say `http://www.html-tidy.org/#get_tidy`, or
others...
  - **repo** existing or new repo, say `htacg/meta`, or some other name...
  - **other** ideas, places, etc...

I will repeat I do **not** think they should be hosted in the tidy-html5
**source** repo... what you are calling the `main repo`...

And I am not so sure these have to be under version control... why do we
need to track such changes? Once setup properly, they should remain
unchanged for **years**...

**Anyway** any discussion, comments on where should be done on this
`list`, not in `issues`...

When I see a concensis of opinions has been formed, things will move
forward... I personally think static data is a good solution. So right
now we have -

  - static 1
  - repo   1
  - others 0

Ergo, the issue #259 will **remain** closed!

Looking forward to further discussion on this important issue ;=))

Regards,
Geoff.