Libtidy New Inline Tag

From: Murph Murphy <murph.murphy@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:36:01 -0600
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I'm using libtidy for C++, trying to get the contents of an attribute in
a custom tag. Unfortunately tidyParseString() strips out this tag, is
there a way to force it to leave it in or recognize it as an actual tag?
I noticed that the htmltidy tool has the option to pass in
new-inline-tags, but couldn't find anything in the library that allows
for similar functionality. Is there an option I'm missing?

Thanks,
Murph