Re: Using Tidy for validation only

From: aditsu <aditsu@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 05:56:26 -0800 (PST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

ts-15 wrote:

> I am not interested in using Tidy for fixing HTML.
> I am only interested in getting number of errors and warnings.

Hi, please don't hijack other threads. As far as I can tell, in Tidy,
problem reporting and correction are really tied together. You can just
ignore the fixed html (discard its output) if you don't need it.

> As it is, it seems Tidy only reports errors for HTML it can not fix.
> I deduce this from the fact that the HTML it shows in command
> line after the call appear to have been modified and "fixed".
> It does not include those fixed errors in its error count.

The problems it can fix are usually reported as warnings, or not reported at
all in some cases.

Adrian