Re: Using Tidy for validation only

From: aditsu <aditsu@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 05:56:26 -0800 (PST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

ts-15 wrote:
> I am not interested in using Tidy for fixing HTML.
> I am only interested in getting number of errors and warnings.

Hi, please don't hijack other threads. As far as I can tell, in Tidy,
problem reporting and correction are really tied together. You can just
ignore the fixed html (discard its output) if you don't need it.

> As it is, it seems Tidy only reports errors for HTML it can not fix.
> I deduce this from the fact that the HTML it shows in command
> line after the call appear to have been modified and "fixed".
> It does not include those fixed errors in its error count.

The problems it can fix are usually reported as warnings, or not reported at
all in some cases.

Sent from the w3.org - html-tidy mailing list archive at Nabble.com.