Re: Question about tidy

Hi Hao Liu,

Both of my recommendations would involve learning a little shell scripting,
but it depends on what environment you are in (Windows XP or Linux or ?). Or
use Python, I think it will run on any platform.

For #1 I would program a loop that would loop over each .html file name in a
directory, and before calling tidy it would write the file name to the log.

The logic would be something like this.

Erase/Create error.log file and write "Start" and the current date on top
For each *filename in *directory ending with .html
 Append *filename to error.log
 Run tidy command - make sure there's an option to append to the error.log
file, not only create,  if not, then use the .html file name in the
error.log file like errors-myfile1.log
Loop

For #2, it's got to be a LOT easier to just insert your code in using Python
or another shell scripting program. Maybe just add a line in the above
program before the Loop.

Hope this helps!
Eric

Eric Frost, PhD 630-729-0445