RE: Questions

From: Parsons, Rick <rick.parsons@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:17:44 +0200
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi Charles,

I can help you with some answers.

 Q1: Why "HTML Tidy" do not create automatically required attributes ?

A1. It has no way of knowing what the value should be.

Q6: Why does "HTML Tidy" change the imbrication of tags ?

A6. This is not related to just the conversion from HTML to XHTML. The
original code was invalid in the first place ("div" inside "a") so it
has been corrected.

Q7: Why does "HTML Tidy" generate additional <br /> elements ?

A7. I suspect it is again due to invalid code ("/span" outside "/p").

I will leave the rest for someone else to answer.

--
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol