how to make it XML-conform? <BR> needs to be closed

From: Ragnar Heil <ragnar.heil@starsky-consultants.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:52:51 +0200
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi

How can I transform this source-xml into valid xml without using the
workaround of getting an HTML-output? I dont want to have the HTML-tags
like <HEAD> and <BODY> around it

http://www.ticope.de/tmp/source.xml/download

One of the problems in source.xml: <BR> is not closed

help VERY appreciated, this task keeps me busy too long

Rag.

 // sample config file for HTML tidy
indent: auto
indent-spaces: 2
wrap: 72
markup: no
output-xml: yes
input-xml: yes
show-warnings: no
numeric-entities: yes
quote-marks: yes
quote-nbsp: yes
quote-ampersand: no
break-before-br: no
uppercase-tags: no
uppercase-attributes: no
char-encoding: Latin1
force-output: yes
write-back: yes
new-inline-tags: cfif, cfelse, math, mroot,
  mrow, mi, mn, mo, msqrt, mfrac, msubsup, munderover,
  munder, mover, mmultiscripts, msup, msub, mtext,
  mprescripts, mtable, mtr, mtd, mth, component, short_intro, long_intro,
reference, /reference, category, date, body2, external_link_text1,
external_link_text2, external_link_text3,external_link_url1,
external_link_url2, external_link_url3, bblocation, image_small,
image_medium, image_large
new-blocklevel-tags: cfoutput, cfquery, component, short_intro, long_intro,
reference, category, date, body2, external_link_text1, external_link_text2,
external_link_text3,external_link_url1, external_link_url2,
external_link_url3, bblocation, image_small, image_medium, image_large
new-empty-tags: cfelse
new-pre-tags: