Re: SPEC file for building tidy RPMs

From: Sierk Bornemann <sierkb@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:37:05 +0100
To: "Dorin Lazar" <dorin.lazar@gmail.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi Dorin!

Why don't you simply use the current Spec file of the current tidy
packages shipped with fedora?
If you are interested, you can take a look into my Spec file for SUSE
Linux on http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/tidy/opensuse/10.0-i386/
I have taken respect to the fact, that the tidy doc is no autogenerated
from the XML-output via XSLT.
SUSE Linux has overtaken them as you can see on
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/tidy/9.3-i386/tidy.changes .
Unfortunately, SUSE is a little bit slow in keeping their packages in
sync, so if you want to have the latest RPM packages / Spec file
changes of tidy for SUSE Linux, you'd do better to have a look into my
packages on http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/tidy/opensuse/10.0-i386/
Try them out and change whatever you need for a working Fedora Spec file. :-)

At 12:55 18.02.2006, you wrote:
>   Hello,   I have been working on making the SPEC file from html-tidy
> to work on current fedora versions, and it wasn't quite easy,
> therefore I decided to rewrite the whole thing.   Attached is the
> .spec file. If you wish to include it in your releases you are more
> than welcome.   I used this to build an RPM on Fedora Core 5 test2 .
> Other distributions should work just the same, nothing else needed.

Sierk

Sierk Bornemann | Hannover | Germany
e-mail:  sierkb@gmx.de