AW: Tidy outputs no HTML-Entities

Hi Björn,
thanks for your answer, I'm still trying..

I found out that the application uses the TidyATL.dll, in
http://users.rcn.com/creitzel/tidy.html#comatl Charles Reitzel says
something about problems in character encoding... didn't really understand
it, my English is not the best and I'm not really a programmer, could this
be the answer?

I tried this:
The application got this source code:

<head>
</head>
ü &uuml;

And this tidy-config:

output-xhtml:yes
char-encoding:ascii

And I got this output:
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
ü ü

OK, Tidy cannot recognize the meta-tag and assumes I want ascii, in the
config-file I tell him again to put out ascii - and in the output Tidy
writes in the meta-tag that he used ascii and not Latin1(iso8859-1) - but
then inside the body-tag there has to be a '&uuml; &uuml;' and not a 'ü ü' ?

So this constellation could not be correct, or did I misunderstood
something?

Again, thanks in advance for any comment..

Eric