Re: [Tidy-dev] Firefox / Mozilla extension : Html Validator (based on Tidy)

At 8:34 PM +0200 9/12/04, Marc Gueury wrote:
> I think that it can interest some of you. I have finished the first
> version of an extension that integrates Firefox or Mozilla with Tidy.
>
> If you are using Firefox 0.9x or Mozilla 1.7-1.8 on Windows, you can
> download and test the extensions here. (On windows only for now,
> because I need to recompile the library on the other platforms.
> I will make one for Linux soon.)
>
> See here:
> <http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla>
[fixed URL]

> Just click on the XPI link to install. There are some screenshot too.
> I hope you like. Any suggestions, remarks are welcome.

Thanks for doing this. I haven't looked at your source yet, and what kind
of license agreement you (plan to?) use, but if it will help, I can build
your extension for the Mac OS X platform (and probably Windows as well).

I'm not a Mozilla/Firefox user, although I do have Mozilla installed. I
have no idea how well Mozilla/Firefox extensions are cross-platform.

Again since I have no idea of the capabilities of Mozilla/Firefox
extensions, I wonder if the "BAD" line is the best way to indicate errors -
could you perhaps highlight/select the bad range of HTML in say a user
specified color?

Regarding the user friendly error "cause" and "solution" messages - this is
something we would like to do for the TidyLib project in a
supportable/maintainable/localizable way one day - do you have a lookup
table, or some other method?

Finally, I notice the "Tidy" check icon as part of your "toc.jpg" - the
TidyLib project is looking for such an icon (and none of us on the team
seem to be artists <grin>). I don't have the tracker item # handy. But in
the absence of someone else creating such a "Tidy" check icon, can we steal
yours <grin>?

Regards, Terry