installing tidy

From: Barbara Jay <barbarajay@jpUS.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:01:56 -0400
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hello,
I must be missing something. I'm not a novice, yet I haven't been able to download tidy successfully. There's no tidy.exe file in my download !  What I get is 4 folders: build, console, include and src.

I've tried Site Valet's online version of HTML Tidy  but it doesn't let me use the options, e.g., cleaning up html generated by MS Word.

And the FAQs assume you've got a program to run. There really should be a basic FAQ: How do I install the program?

thank you,
barbara jay