PHP 4.3.x and Tidy

From: Mike Gifford <mike@openconcept.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:32:26 -0400
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to get tidy set up on a pretty standard fedora core 1

Looks pretty simple from here:

Should just have to go:
        pear -v install tidy

However, it won't work unless you have the following up and running on
your system:
        php-devel libtool autoconf automake libtidy-devel libtidy

Would be nice if it said that somewhere (but no worries, they come down
easily with yum).

I've got this set up on 3 servers, and it's still not quite
working right.. I've got this error:
Build complete.
(It is safe to ignore warnings about tempnam and tmpnam).
tidy.so copied to /tmp/tmpZVuvvk/tidy-1.1/tidy.so
Build process completed successfully
Installing 'tidy.so' at ext_dir
back 39 file operations
failed to copy tidy.so to
and also this error
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no checking
g++ accepts -g... no checking how to run the C++ preprocessor...
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check See
`config.log' for more details.
`/tmp/tmp4atzbJ/tidy-1.1/configure --with-tidy' failed
But I did get it working on my local machine:
Build process completed successfully
Installing 'tidy.so' at ext_dir (/usr/lib/php4/tidy.so) about to commit
file operations
successfully committed 36 file operations install ok: tidy 1.1
I just can't seem to be able to access the php tidy functions via
functions like:

Any suggestions?  What am I missing here..  Is anyone using pear's tidy
functions?  How should they be accessed from a 4.3.x environment?

Not sure if there is a better place to post this..  I've googled a lot,
posted to a few php newsgroups and even php irc discussions..  No luck

Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting
Free Software for Social Change -> http://www.openconcept.ca
Our Client's Election Sites: http://rantroom.ca http://election.cupe.ca
http://fairvotecanada.org http://billblaikie.ca http://dickproctor.ca