Re: Puzzled by lack of HTML, HEAD and BODY tags in output

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:54:04 +0100, John Bray <home@johnbray.org.uk> wrote:

> So it does. I was expecting -omit to miss things like the </p> and </li>
> tags, rather than the overall document ones. I wonder why it does both?

Why not? -omit removes *all* optional tags. Fine for minimizing document
size, and HTML 4 allows it (XHTML doesn't btw). This is a valid HTML 4.01
Strict document:

<title>Title</title>

--
The Web is a procrastination apparatus:    |  Rijk van Geijtenbeek
It can absorb as much time as              |   Documentation & QA