Re: Possible Tidy improvements

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:03:45 +0100
To: "HTML-tidy list" <html-tidy@w3.org>

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:18:23 +0300, Cyril <cyril2@mail.ru> wrote:

..

> You may ask me why I insert here <form> tag before <td> tag and don't do
> that after <td> tag. Well, I explain it with pleasure :). I just have
> downloaded this or similar code from the address
> "http://www.merriam-webster.com/tools/search/srchbox5.zip" which was
> linked from
> "http://www.merriam-webster.com/tools/search/searchboxes2.htm". And, in
> addition, a description could be found on
> "http://www.merriam-webster.com/tools/search/searchboxes3.htm".

The fact that someone else also does it wrong, doesn't mean you have to.
It is a gross violation of the HTML standard. If you either put the
complete form inside one table cell, or wrap the <FORM> and </FORM> tags
around a table and put the form controls in table cells, everything will
be fine, and the search will work just as good (if not better) in all
browsers.

--
The Web is a procrastination apparatus:    |  Rijk van Geijtenbeek
It can absorb as much time as              |   Documentation & QA