Re: Converting HTML to XML with a template

Jeff,

I believe what you're getting at would work like
this:

Run       Through  =  Result
HTML ->   Tidy     =  XHTML
XHTML ->  XSLT     =  XML

The XSLT would be your "xml template".

At least that's how we do it at my shop.

We actually run HTML through Internet Explorer
before Tidy as IE will clean up the really,
really bad HTML a bit better (we have no control
over the HTML in our case).

-ben