Converting HTML to XML with a template

From: Jeff Dunnett <jdunnett@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:35:28 -0500
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hello Folks,

I am relatively new to the uses of Tidy.  I've been reading through some
of the documentation from Tidy and some of the archives for this list
and I can't seem to find what I am looking for.  I am sorry if this
topic has already been covered.

Is it possible convert HTML to XML using a XML template?  By template I
mean a outline of how you want the XML to look or how you want it
formatted.  If this is possible how would I go about doing this or could
you point me to where I can read up on this?

Regards,
Jeff