text-align behavior

From: Browning, Glen J ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor <Glen.J.Browning@erdc.usace.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:40:03 -0500
To: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hello,

I am using the tsWebEditor, which uses the TidyLib, and I am seeing a
behavior which I don't understand.  The following line of HTML code:

	<hr align="left">

gets replaced with

	<hr class="c1">

where c1 is defined as

	hr.c1 {text-align: left;}

This works fine in IE, but in Netscape, the hr returns to it's default
center alignment.  Apparently, Netscape doesn't recognize the text-align as
applying to anything but text.  Of course, I know of several ways to force
this to do what I want, but what is the "officially recommended" method for
aligning something like this using CSS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glen Browning,
Webmaster - ERDC MSRC