running tidy automatically on server

From: Tomislav Grabic <grabic@uni-duesseldorf.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:23:46 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi everybody,
this is my first post, so I thought Ill introduce myself... Im a
student in Duesseldorf, Germany, fairly a horrible webdesigner and
usually messing around with code having more luck than knowledge about
what Im actually doing. ;-)
In one of the XML newsgroups, several people pointed me to the tidy
homepage, and I think I found the right way to solve my problem, but
after reading through the docs, Im not quite there yet. I hope you can
push me into the right direction, most of the time trial and error
combined with copy and paste works for me. :-)))
I have a server with a PHP script generating an HTML file. This file I
intend to include as a RSS newsfeed on another site. I have a tutorial
how to generate an RSS file from XML, but not from HTML. Now, above
mentioned people mentioned tidy, and ...erm, well, primarily using
*cough* windows *cough* I dont see how tidy can automatically generate
a file without manual intervention from my side. Reading through the
documentation, I found this:

"Sebastian Lange has contributed a perl wrapper for calling Tidy from
your perl scripts, see sl-tidy.pl. "

The link doesnt work when reading the file locally btw. It is my
understanding that by using perl ...or something else? I configured
tidy to create he XML file, but how can I make the script do it
regularily itself?
thank you in forward

Tomi