compiling perl XS interface to tidylib

From: alex fenton <alex.fenton@investis.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:24:00 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi

I'd like to use htmltidy within a perl app that's serving web pages. I
need to make several calls to tidy during a single page request, so a
system call's not really acceptable. Therefore, I'm trying to use the
Perl XS library from Charles Reitzel (
http://users.rcn.com/creitzel/tidy.html#tidyperl )

However, I couldn't even get this to compile (linux i686, gcc 3.2) when
linking against the latest versions of tidylib. So I compiled an older
version of the lib, from around the time that the XS wrapper was last
released (Feb 03). However, though this compiles, the resulting .so file
isn't loadable, failing with
tidyperl/blib/arch/auto/HTML/Tidy/Tidy.so: undefined symbol:
__cxa_pure_virtual

Anyone had any success installing this (or another) Perl wrapper for tidy?

TIA

Alex Fenton