Re: appending styles with underscore

From: Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:10:22 +0200
To: "Browning, Glen J ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor" <Glen.J.Browning@erdc.usace.army.mil>, "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi Glen,

The underscore in class="centBoldWhite_c1" is not meant to join two classes
('centBoldWhite' and 'c1'); it is a new class. Can you check that there are
no other elements with class="c1" in the Tidy output? It's these elements
that are affected by the new style definition generated by Tidy.

I would also like to mention that it is better to avoid underscores in ID
and CLASS values, even though they are permitted: see Eric Meyer's note on
Netscape Devedge: http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2001/css-underscores/.

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--
Christophe Strobbe
K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group