Can't use --split configuration option from command line in Windows

From: Mike Broschinsky <MBROSCHI@utah.gov>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 13:29:45 -0700
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

I am new to Tidy, and thought I would try it, especially because I was
interested in the --split configuration option to burst HTML files at
the <h2> level.  Perhaps it is simply my inability to follow
instructions, but I cannot seem to get the --split option to work.

I am running Windows XP Professional, and have HTML Tidy for Windows
released on 1st February 2003.

I run Tidy from the command line like this:

tidy --split yes test-tidy.html

What I get is a dump to the screen of the source of test-tidy.html with
the indents stripped.

I run Tidy with a configuration file like this:

tidy -config config.txt test-tidy.html

Where config.txt reads:

split:yes

And I get a dump to the screen of test-tidy.html, but with the
formatting preserved that exists in the source.

What I would like, of course, is the slide00n.html files that the
documentation says I should get.

What very important, but obviously too subtle for my benighted mind,
detail have I missed?

Thanks much

Mike