Re: Urgent: A couple of Tidy questions

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:58:45 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org

* Julian Voelcker wrote:
>1. How can I use the Win32 version to clean a batch of files in a
>directory and sub directories, I cannot find any info on the command
>line instructions anywhere.

  % for /R %a in (*.html) do tidy "%a"

Type `for /?` on the command line for more information. Tidy doesn't
support this at the moment.

>2. Is there a tidy setting to strip out blank lines?  If there isn't
>one what do I need to do to put this on the wish list?

http://sf.net/projects/tidy => Tracker => Feature Tracker => Submit new

I'd recommend using a post processor, e.g. Perl like

  % tidy example.html | perl -ne "print if /\S/"