Re: Change in indent style

At 11:21 AM 3/5/2003 +0300, you wrote:
>Yes, this improves things, but not completely fixes them. For example,
>there's no newline after </pre> element.
>
>So the question remains: is it always possible to get behaviour of the
>previous tidy version by tweaking options and where do I learn what
>options must be tweaked.

No, there is no 4th indenting option.  In fact, the new "auto" mode fixes a
number of problems with the previous version.  Not problems with
compliance, but things that could make visual changes in browsers.  Also,
we received a steady stream of complaints about too many blank lines.

>I would like to always use up-to-date tidy version to catch problems, but
>OTOH, if each version changes formatting, it's not that usable to
>minimizing differences between versions of HTML document stored in CVS,
>which is the primary use for me.

An excellent idea which, unfortunately, will not work this
time.  You  could continue to use Tidy, but will incur a one-time monster diff.

Just thinking out loud here but, for this use, I'd suggest --indent
no.  You could use --indent auto before you work on it and --indent no
before you check it in.

take it easy,
Charlie