Re: Change in indent style

From: Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:21:10 +0300
To: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi Charles,

> Yes, the behavior of the -i command line option was changed to match its
> historical behavior, namely --indent yes. For details,
> see  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2512745.
>
> To get the prior output, use this:
>
> --indent auto
>
> See http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#indent

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, this improves things, but not completely fixes them. For example,
there's no newline after </pre> element.

So the question remains: is it always possible to get behaviour of the
previous tidy version by tweaking options and where do I learn what
options must be tweaked.

I would like to always use up-to-date tidy version to catch problems,
but OTOH, if each version changes formatting, it's not that usable to
minimizing differences between versions of HTML document stored in
CVS, which is the primary use for me.

- Volodya