Re: Request And Help

Hi Suresh,

Using Tidy to _update_ a document tree is an area of active experimentation
by some members of the Tidy development team.  If you check recent postings
on the DEV list, you will see what I mean.

If HTML hacking is not your priority, I would recommend using Tidy to
convert your markup to XHTML 1.0 Transitional and then use existing DOM
based tools to modify the document as needed for alternative media.

Tidy may be helpful in converting explicit presentational markup to
styles.  You should then be able to make most of your changes to style
sheets.  However, this approach will require a deeper reorganization of
your content.

See http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#clean

hth,
Charlie