Re: Error: missing quote mark for attribute value

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:48:46 -0500
To: <M.Zuiderwijk@priva.nl>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>

I would suggest escaping the angle brackets and quotes (&lt; &gt; &quot;)
for XML embedded within attribute values.  Although in a pure XML parser,
this should not be necessary.  In an SGML-aware parser it is.  In
particular, Tidy will detect missing end quotes on attribute
values!  Escaping the embedded markup should hide it from Tidy.

Any application code (Javascript?) that is accessing the value of this
attribute _should_ still receive the same text. Let us know how it goes.  I
am curious.

take it easy,