Re: [html-tidy] <none>

* Richard Vlach wrote:
>> >is it possible to configure Tidy (for Win) to convert a page with the
>> >following snippet into well-formed XML?
>> >
>> ><![if !IE]>
>> ><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">ie5=0;</script>
>> ><![endif]>
>>
>> How should HTML Tidy do so? <![if ...]> and <![endif]> are invalid
>> tokens in XML documents, thus Tidy must either escape those marked
>> section delimiters or remove them.

>in my case, I would like to remove them. Can Tidy do it?

The Microsoft Word 2000 clean up options drop marked sections, we
already have a DropSections(...) that should be able to do it or could
easily be updated to consider additional sections, but Tidy will AFAIR
call it only if the document has been identified as beeing Word output.
We could add an option to drop them independently. You should add an
enhancement request to the feature tracker on
<http://sf.net/projects/tidy>.

>BTW, what does it mean 'escape' them? Is it something else then 'remove'
>them?

Replace <! with &lt;!.