Can Tidy stop changing web addresses (URIs/URLs)?

From: Michael Jennings <mjennings@myrealbox.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:04:41 -0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org

How do I get HTML Tidy to stop changing web addresses (URI/URL)?

Fix-URI does not work:
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#fix-uri

It is NEVER correct to change a web address. That's because a web site
designer can use any string of characters to express a method of
accessing a database, for example. I agree they shouldn't use weird
URIs, but they do, and Tidy ruins them, so that links become non-functional.

This was discussed before. It was apparently decided that there was no
problem:
SUBJECT: Re: question on fix-uri config option
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/html-tidy/2002OctDec/0033.html

I'm using the Windows HTML-Tidy binary:
 TIDY.EXE         175,616   11/29/02    2:51:00 pm