Re: UNSUBSCRIBE ME PLEASE=Validate only the body text of a HTML document

From: Drishti Khandelwal <drishti_khandelwal@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 06:22:21 -0800 (PST)
To: Jesus Angel del Pozo <idi3@xolido.com>, html-tidy@w3.org

 Jesus Angel del Pozo <idi3@xolido.com> wrote:
Hello.

I'm using tidy executable, version 1st March 2002 in Debian Woody.
I'm trying to parse some html text that inputs a user in a TEXTAREA
(well, I'm using a WYSIWYG editor, htmlarea). I want to filter out
those Word tags.

But the tidy command thinks it has a complete HTML page and adds the
header information.

Lets see an example:

Supose that the user writes this in the TEXTAREA:
"Firs cellSecond cell"

Then I call tidy from a script with this text (throught the standar
input). The output is something like this:

"HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 (vers 1st March 2002), see www.w3.org">

Firs cell
Second cell

And I want only this part: