From: html-tidy-request@w3.org [mailto:html-tidy-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jesus Angel del Pozo
Sent: Friday, 4 April 2003 9:20 PM
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Subject: Validate only the body text of a HTML document

Hello.

I'm using tidy executable, version 1st March 2002 in Debian Woody. I'm
trying to parse some html text that inputs a user in a TEXTAREA (well,
I'm using a WYSIWYG editor, htmlarea). I want to filter out those Word
tags.

But the tidy command thinks it has a complete HTML page and adds the
header information.

Lets see an example:

Then I call tidy from a script with this text (throught the standar
input). The output is something like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<head>
"HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 (vers 1st March 2002), see www.w3.org">

And I want only this part:

Is that posible?