RE: [Tidy-dev] RE: Which link at SourceForge?

From: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:04:31 -0400

Dave Raggett wrote:

> When you do this can you make sure you add "Windows 95/98/
> NT/2000/XP" as many people don't know what "Win32" means.

Indeed.  Also I think there be a note near that saying suggesting
something to the effect that those who are unfamiliar or uncomfortable
with working in a command line environment to consider using one of the
graphical programs listed under "Other Ports" section.  For that matter,
talking too much about "ports", "builds", etc. on the main page could
scare off a number of "normal" people who come to the Sourceforge page
"just looking for a program to clean up my HTML".  These days, many of
them likely won't know what a command line, port, build, or binary IS.
:)

/Jelks